Description of problem:
Lack of edit_smart_proxies permission causes error when setting host to Build.
When a non-admin user does not have the edit_smart_proxies filter on their role, they will receive an error popup saying:
"Failure deploying via capsule <capsule.name>: true"
Upstream already appears aware of this:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Red Hat Satellite 6.4.0
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. As a non-admin user without "edit_smart_proxies" filter, select a host, then click "Build"
Error saying: "Failure deploying via capsule <capsule.name>: true"
No error message.
by the manual reproducer desribed in comment #0:
1) Have a Satellite with Internal Capsule set up
2) Clone Manager role but edit filter for Capsule and remove "edit_smart_proxies" perm
3) Create non-admin user "tester" and assign him the only role created in previous step
4) As user "tester" provision a host
5) As user "tester" try to set the host from previous step to Build
Popup appears with the info but no warnings/errors
Popup appears with the following error
(x) The following errors may prevent a successful build:
Failure deploying via capsule <SAT_FQDN>: true.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25248 has been resolved.