Description of problem:
On PVC creation page, leave the optional field "Storage Class" unselected and create, then the pvc does not bind the default storageclass.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
registry.reg-aws.openshift.com:443/openshift/ose-console v4.0 f543eb8039d7
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Make sure there is a default storageclass for the cluster. (storageclass.beta.kubernetes.io/is-default-class: 'true')
2. Go to PVC creation (From Form) page
3. Since there is a message "Optional storage class for the new claim.". Just leave the optional field "Storage Class" unselected, fill the other necessary fields. Then hit Create.
4. Check the created pvc.
4. Created PVC does not bind the default storageclass.
4. Created PVC should be Bound using the default storageclass.
https://github.com/openshift/console/pull/770 should resolve this
Verified on latest OCP v4.0.0-0.52.0
Storage class is not optional for the form, PVC could be saved and bound succeedfully with default SC. YAML is correct -> spec.storageClassName: gp2
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.