Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 164850
Menu accelerators are still active after hiding menubar
Last modified: 2008-02-25 18:51:55 EST
Description of problem:
Menu accelorators (e.g. Alt+f for the "File" menu) are active when they should
not be (!).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
gnome-terminal-2.10.0-2 (stock Fedora Core 4 RPM)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start gnome-terminal with menubar hidden.
2. Test if the accelerators (alt+f for File menu) do not work. (They shouldn't)
3. Right click on terminal window -> show menubar (menubar should be visible now).
4. Right click on terminal window -> hide menubar (menubar invisible).
5. Test whether the accelerator is active (yes it's active, and it's quite
Menu accelerators active after hiding the menubar.
Menu accelerators should not be active when the menubar is not shown.
Upstream bug report:
This bug had already been filed with GNOME when I discovered it today.
The upstream bug has been fixed in HEAD of GNOME's version control repository,
and the associated bug report closed.
This report targets the FC3 or FC4 products, which have now been EOL'd.
Could you please check that it still applies to a current Fedora release, and
either update the target product or close it ?
Fedora Core 4 is no longer maintained.
Setting status to "INSUFFICIENT_DATA". If you can reproduce this bug in the
current Fedora release, please reopen this bug and assign it to the
corresponding Fedora version.