Description of problem:
When ordering a service from the service catalog via the API, none of the defaults defined in the catalog item's service dialog are applied and no dynamic dialog elements are executed. This used to work in previous versions of CFME.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a service dialog
2. Add at least one static element that has a default
2. Add one dynamic element that executes a method to return a default
3. Order the service via the API
1. When monitoring the automation.log you see that the dynamic element does not execute the method.
2. Nothing is set in $evm.root['dialog_<var>'] from the dynamic element
3. Nothing is set in $evm.root['dialog_<var>'] from the static element default
1. Dynamic elements should run the specified method when the service is ordered and the default set by the method should be passed to $evm.root['dialog_<var>']
2. Static elements should pass the default set in the service dialog to $evm.root['dialog_<var>']
This is duplicate of bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1639413
Comment 22 in the original ticket states that a configuration change is required to resolve this issue:
The reproducer steps above do not mention the configuration changes.
Can you supply a reproducer environment for this issue?
I had a talk with Drew about the same thing. I applied the patch and got the expected response. But things were working fine even without applying patch on 126.96.36.199, since the patch was already applied to it. Shouldn't the patch be included for 5.9.6 as well?
Yes, since the code change was included in 188.8.131.52, 5.9.6 should work as well,
unless another code change broke that functionality.
Could you please supply a reproducer environment?
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1635673#c26 states, the configuration setting necessary for this change to work, is to set to false in the specified appliance advanced setting.
Please change the setting and retest.
This is not a bug, I hadn't applied the required changes to the env which caused the issue. I am now closing the BZ.