- What is the nature and description of the request?
As an admin I require the ability to setup my identity provider in a way that allows my users to login with Just their username, not their username AND the full domain of our provider.
For example, if the LDAP username is email@example.com they should be able to just login as john because OpenShift can add @active.directory.com to the end of the calls.
- Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Ease of use for users
- How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
add a field in the identityProviders for something like domain: or appendedField:
- For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
setup an identityProvider that requires a domain (like active directory) and only login with the username, not username@domain
- Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
Could not find anything in an initial search of github
With the introduction of OpenShift 4, Red Hat has delivered or roadmapped a substantial number of features based on feedback by our customers. Many of the enhancements encompass specific RFEs which have been requested, or deliver a comparable solution to a customer problem, rendering an RFE redundant.
This bz (RFE) has been identified as a feature request not yet planned or scheduled for an OpenShift release and is being closed.
If this feature is still an active request that needs to be tracked, Red Hat Support can assist in filing a request in the new JIRA RFE system, as well as provide you with updates as the RFE progress within our planning processes. Please open a new support case: https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/#/case/new
Opening a New Support Case: https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/#/case/new
As the new Jira RFE system is not yet public, Red Hat Support can help answer your questions about your RFEs via the same support case system.