Description of problem:
An error occurred connecting to the server.
Failed to list appliedclusterresourcequotas/quota.openshift.io/v1 (status 404)
CloseerrorAn error occurred connecting to the server.
Failed to list resourcequotas/v1 (status 404)
- Normally refreshing the web-page should resolve this issue.
This is not expected to refresh the page several times. Seeking for a proper resolution.
Are you seeing this on the project overview page? We poll quota status to show warnings when you are at or over quota. If this request fails, the console should continue to work, and the next poll might be successful. The only drawback is you won't be warned about quota. I understand how the errors are intrusive, however.
To help us troubleshoot, can you capture the failing network requests in Chrome developer tools?
1. Open Chrome developer tools with Ctrl-Shift-I or Cmd-Shift-I on a mac
2. Switch to the Network tab
3. Reproduce the problem
4. Right click one of the rows and select "Save as HAR with Content"
5. Attach the content to the issue
QE tried to reproduce on testing env(openshift v3.11.54), don't find popup errors.
Will give another look if customer provide more details
nothing special, we need data Sam had requested in comment 1
Since we poll quota resources, I think a reasonable fix is just to suppress the errors since
1. We'll retry anyway at the next polling interval
2. This will avoid displaying a prominent and annoying error message for a potentially transient error
3. It's a non-critical function on this page. We poll quota only to show a warning in the notification drawer if you are at or over quota. If quota problems are preventing rollouts of your deployments, this will still be called out as errors in the overview page, so important errors are still surfaced.
PR to resolve: https://github.com/openshift/origin-web-console/pull/3109
QE cannot reproduce this issue on testing env v3.11.69(not include bug's fix), could you point me out the steps to reproduce? thanks in advance!
Or some checkpoints for verifying this bug. Thanks!
v3.11.82 includes the fix
$ git log atomic-openshift-web-console-3.11.82-1 -1
commit 0ff1e2620bf355d36998510e1e2f4bbc2a80c4d9 (tag: atomic-openshift-web-console-3.11.82-1)
Author: AOS Automation Release Team <email@example.com>
Date: Thu Feb 7 20:10:08 2019 -0500
bump origin-web-console 47a8bb4a
$ git log --pretty="%h %cd - %s" 47a8bb4a | grep '#3109'
6e1962ea Wed Jan 23 22:46:33 2019 +0100 - Merge pull request #3109 from rhamilto/bz1651090
QE tries to verify the bug and we don't see error popups when:
1. Switch projects, and browsing project Overview
2. Log out and Login
Here's a recording http://g.recordit.co/9WtmXKTSg4.gif
Will move to VERIFIED since the reported issues not exists on v3.11.82
Feel free to Reopen if there's any other problem
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.