+++ This bug is a downstream clone. The original bug is: +++
+++ bug 1636981 +++
1. Proposed title of this feature request
The list of available boot-ISO should be sorted alphabetcially in RUN-ONCE dialoge
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
If one would need to run a VM via RUN ONCE menu, and would like to insert a different ISO, it's difficult to select the correct one, as the list is totally unsorted.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
It's on daily business, that for debugging purpose for example, virtual machines are booted with customized debug-iso. With the new dialog in RHV 4.2 it's more timewasting to find the appropriate ISO in the list.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
The list provided in RUN ONCE dialog should be sorted aplhabetically
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
- Select a virtual machine and click "run once"
- on "boot options" mark "attach CD"
The provided drop-down list should be sorted aplhabetically. Currently it's unsorted.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
(Originally by Steffen Froemer)
Some TC inside "VIRT_Virtual Machine_Run_Once" TP edited accordingly (TP added to external trackers)
(Originally by Nisim Simsolo)
QE verification bot: the bug was verified upstream
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.