Created attachment 1508248 [details]
Event dump from journal
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
GNOME nautilus 3.30.3
When searching by typing directly to Nautilus, it crashes except if there are no files/folders in the folder chosen.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create empty testdir in /home/user/"atest"
2. Start Nautilus, goto "atest", type searchstring "test" - Nothing found OK
3. Stop Nautilus
4. Add a file including punctation in "atest", "touch test.file"
5. Start Nautilus, goto "atest" type searchstring "test", Nautilus crashes
6. Rename file in "atest" "mv test.file testfile"
7 Start Nautilus, goto "atest", type searchstring "test", Nautilus finds "testfile"
Happens after update from Fedora 28 to 29
I'm on Fedora 29 Modular repos, danish localization
Downgrade to version 3.30.2 does not solve problem.
Lauched from terminal to follow:
Initializing nautilus-search-tool extension
Initializing nautilus-image-converter extension
(nautilus:9775): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 11:26:13.134: g_value_set_object: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (v_object)' failed
Segmentation fault (smed kerne)
Dump from journal attached
I've investigated further. It seems as I cannot consistently copy the faulty behaviour on another machine I have.
I will do some more research and return.
I've finished investigation. Showed up I had a defective piece of hardware in my workstation.
Component exchanged, problem solved.
Sorry for the inconvenience!