Description of problem:
We should be able to select or deselect any host from the host collection while applying the errata. This feature was present in satellite 6.2 but was removed after satellite 6.3.
Please see the attach screenshot from satellite 6.2 for more details.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a host collection and add few hosts in it.
2. After that in host collection click on "Errata Installation".
3. There is no way that we can deselect few hosts from host collection.
Not able to select or deselect any host from the host collection while applying the errata
Created attachment 1508578 [details]
host collection screenshot
The screenshot in comment 1 is from an earlier release of Satellite 6.
Attaching screenshot from 6.4 for comparison. In this, notice that the hosts list may not longer be altered after clicking 'Errata Installation'.
Created attachment 1512498 [details]
Satellite 6.4 - host collection - errata installation
In Satellite 6.4, this should still be achievable with an altered workflow.
Suraj, can you confirm if this will work for the user?
- go to Hosts -> Content Hosts
- search by host collection (e.g. host_collection = hc1)
- select checkboxes for the desired hosts
- click 'Select Action' -> 'Manage Errata'
- select checkboxes for desired errata
- click 'Install Selected'
Sorry for late reply.
I have confirmed, this can achievable with an altered workflow as you have suggested.
I guess we can close this bug.