Bug 1653544 - Crashes with simplified chinese
Summary: Crashes with simplified chinese
Status: VERIFIED
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Classification: Red Hat
Component: cockpit   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 8.0
Hardware: x86_64 Linux
unspecified
high
Target Milestone: rc
: 8.0
Assignee: Martin Pitt
QA Contact: Jan Ščotka
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2018-11-27 05:12 UTC by fzxiaomange
Modified: 2019-02-06 13:35 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed:
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
chrome (203.88 KB, image/png)
2018-11-27 05:12 UTC, fzxiaomange
no flags Details


External Trackers
Tracker ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Github https://github.com/cockpit-project cockpit issues 10604 None None None 2018-12-03 07:31 UTC

Description fzxiaomange 2018-11-27 05:12:30 UTC
Created attachment 1508742 [details]
chrome

Description of problem:
I install rhel8.0beta, then exec `systemctl enable --now cockpit.socket`, 
But when I access https://x.x.x.x:9090 and input user/password,
I can't see anything, I get the blank web page. But the browser development tools can get data and both are 200. Please sea the attachment

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- rhel8.0 beta installed in my computer's vmware-fusion 11.0.1
- my computer is macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
- my computer system language is simplified Chinese.
- browser use chrome 70.0.3538.110, safari 11.1, firefox 63.0.3
- browser language is also simplified Chinese.

How reproducible:
I don't know, but when I reinstall the rhel8.0beta, the problem is still exists.

Actual results:
I can't see anything

Expected results:
I can see the cockpit web content

Comment 1 fzxiaomange 2018-11-27 06:54:52 UTC
Eh... I can reproducible it, the problem is the browser language. When I change chrome language to English, It is very ok, When I change chrome language to simplified Chinese, It is the empty page.

Comment 2 Martin Pitt 2018-11-29 07:38:59 UTC
I can reproduce this. JS console shows:

Uncaught Error: Unclosed section "can_sync" at 554
    at parseTemplate (mustache.js:213)
    at Writer.parse (mustache.js:450)
    at Object.parse (mustache.js:589)
    at translate_and_init (machine-dialogs.js:69)
    at machine-dialogs.js:75
    at Object.<anonymous> (machine-dialogs.js:1066)
    at __webpack_require__ (bootstrap 30b92225cc0e76305d37:19)
    at index.js:27
    at Object.<anonymous> (index.js:60)
    at __webpack_require__ (bootstrap 30b92225cc0e76305d37:19)

Curiously it does not happen on Fedora 29. However, the page is not translated at all there.

Traditional Chinese and other languages work, so I suspect an error in the zh_CN translations.

Comment 3 fzxiaomange 2018-12-02 13:23:08 UTC
yes

Comment 4 Martin Pitt 2018-12-03 10:21:49 UTC
I fixed the broken zh-CN translation in Zanata, the next export/RHEL upload will have it.

Comment 5 fzxiaomange 2018-12-06 09:44:09 UTC
Ok, please close this bug

Comment 6 Martin Pitt 2018-12-06 09:55:01 UTC
@fzxiaomange: The bug will be closed through an erratum that contains the fix. I'll update it accordingly until then.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.