1. Description of problem:
[RFE][RHSCL] Add imap for rh-php71 and rh-php72 in Software Collection repository.
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Customer: PROCERGS - Companhia de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
Account Number: 633668
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Add imap for rh-php71 and rh-php72 in Software Collection repository.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer is working into migrating all PHP applications to RHEL they ran into an issue with their webmail solution. Naturally it depends heavily on IMAP but this PHP extension is not available in RHEL or Software Collections repositories.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
7. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target?
8. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
9. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
The php "imap" extension uses the C library from the UW IMAP project which is not included in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (since 7), since the upstream project is no longer active (there has not been an upstream release since 2007). We recommend customers move to pure-PHP implementations of IMAP.
Development Management has reviewed and declined this request. You may appeal this decision by reopening this request.