Description of problem:
There are 4 problems here:
1. Take a fresh appliance, the first page that you see on login is `Compute/Infrastructure/Providers`, even though the options selected in `Show at login` is `Cloud Intel / Dashboard`.
2. There are extra options available in `Show at Login` drop-down in the Visual tab of My Settings.
3. There is no option related to Physical Provider pages available in the drop-down list.
4. Changing the `Show at Login` page takes a lot of time to come into effect, probably 4-5 minutes, this time could be reduced to take effect immediately.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Take a fresh appliance and login. (The first page you see is `Compute / Infrastructure / Providers`.)
2. Navigate to My Settings > Visual(Tab) > Start Page(Section)
3. Observe the value selected in `Show at Login`. (It's `Cloud Intel / Dashboard`, even though the page we encountered on login was not it.)
4. Check all the options available in `Start Page` dropdown.
5. Select any option, say `Cloud Intel / Reports` and save the settings.
6. Logout and login immediately.
1. The value of `Show at Login` is `Cloud Intel / Dashboard` even though the page we encountered on login was `Compute / Infrastructure / Providers`.
2. Extra options (such as: Middleware / *, Consumption / Dashboard, Compute / Migration, Datawarehouse / Providers) available, even though those pages are not available for navigation.
3. Options such as `Physical Provider / *` not available in the list.
4. Once the value of `Show at Login` is set, it takes about 4-5 minutes for that effect to take place.
1. Value of `Show at Login` must correspond to the page that user sees on logging.
2. Extra options must be removed from the drop-down list since those pages are no longer available.
3. Options such as `Physical Provider / *` must be available in the dropdown list.
4. It should not take too long to see the new start page, that change must take place immediately.
Setting the value of `Show at Login` to any of the above-mentioned options does not break anything. If any of the above-mentioned options are selected, then `Compute / Infrastructure / Providers` page will be loaded instead.
Problems 1, 3 and 4 persists on 5.10 as well. 5.10 also misses one option `Storage / Block Storage / Volume Types`, that option needs to be added to the list.
There is one more option `Monitor / Alerts / Most Recent Alerts` which seems extra. If this option is selected, user will land on a page that shows most recent alerts, but user cannot navigate to this page on will, I didn't find any way to reach this page.
Please open 4 individual tickets, one for each issue.