Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 165660
Review Request: perl-Text-Quoted
Last modified: 2010-03-01 11:51:14 EST
Spec Name or Url: ftp://packman.iu-bremen.de/fedora/SRPMS/perl-Text-Quoted.spec
SRPM Name or Url: ftp://packman.iu-bremen.de/fedora/SRPMS/perl-Text-Quoted-1.8-1.src.rpm
Text::Quoted examines the structure of some text which may contain multiple
different levels of quoting, and turns the text into a nested data structure.
- rpmlint not quite clean - see below
- package and spec file naming is OK
- package meets guidelines
- license is same as perl
- spec file written in English and is legible
- source matches upstream
- builds OK on FC4 and in mock for devel
- BR's OK
- no locales, libraries, subpackages, pkgconfigs etc. to worry about
- not relocatable
- no directory ownership issues
- Quoted.pm installed with wrong permissions - see below
- no duplicate files
- %clean section present and correct
- macro usage is consistent
- code, not content
- no large docs
- docs don't affect runtime
- rpmlint output
E: perl-Text-Quoted script-without-shellbang
This script does not begins with a shellbang. It will prevent its execution.
This is a permissions problem and can be fixed by adding after %setup:
chmod -x Quoted.pm
- BR: perl is redundant
- find of empty .bs files is redundant
These can be fixed post-import.
> E: perl-Text-Quoted script-without-shellbang
> This script does not begins with a shellbang. It will prevent its execution.
This is a perl module (*.pm) and not a script. Perl modules normally aren't
executed directly, so they don't have to carry a shebang, nor are they supposed
to be executable.
IMO, this yet another case of a "false error" from rpmlint.
Without the chmod referred to in the review, it *is* installed as executeable
and therefore it isn't a "false error".
Urgs, you are right. Sorry for having missed this. To be fixed RSN.
corsepiu is listed as not interested in EPEL
Package Change Request
Package Name: perl-Text-Quoted
New Branches: EL-4 EL-5
Note that when we add EPEL branches like this, we'll change the owner as requested but the other parameters such as comaintainers are copied. If this isn't what's desired, please fix things up in pkgdb.