Description of problem:
The current version of OpenSC in RHEL7 is 0.16.0 git revision with several backported patches on top of that to have our functionality.
Rebasing to the latest version will bring stable upstream release fixing several CVE bugs, improving several smart cards support, documentation, bash completion and so on.
For the complete list of features, see the release notes:
(most of the things are already in our snapshot)
Potentially intrusive changes
* removal of the CAC1 support
* backport the new CAC1 driver from master as in RHEL8
* Dual CAC cards do not work in PIV driver
* will need fix from upstream
* minimal opensc.conf (instead of bloated self-documented one)
* removed unused configuration options (should not be a problem)
* opensc-notify -- GUI notification about PIN prompt, unlocking card ...
* we can build OpenSC without this (preferred)
* use leave as default for disconnect_action for PC/SC readers
* we should revert it so we do not change behavior
* disabled two old drivers (BlueZ, MioCOS) by default
* should not be a problem
Asha, Mark, can you add your respective acks?
Agreed that this re-base is appropriate and focused on bug-fixes, which is acceptable for RHEL 7.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.