Description of problem:
- mouse buttons stop responding after clicking on something.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEL 7.6 "server with gui"(I have not tested 7.5 with kernel and mesa updates, since we were simply looking to replicate)
2. Use all standard options for install. Once installed, configured and running you should be in gnome classic by default.
3. Click on "Applications" in the upper left corner.
4. Scroll over "Accessories".
5. From the Accessories menu, double click "Text Editor" as quickly as possible. This will lock up the mouse buttons but you will still be able to move the mouse.
6. To get access back to the mouse buttons press ctrl+alt+tab(may take a couple tries) and it will free up the mouse buttons again.
- mouse buttons stop responding
- mouse behaves normally
Created attachment 1513213 [details]
popupMenu: block input events when menu is closing
At the moment gnome-shell can get really confused if a menu is
fading out and gets clicked.
It can lead to mouse pointer input getting stuck until the shell
This commit addresses the problem by ignoring input events that
come in when the menu is closing.
G-nome-shell-3.28.3-17.el7 causes the inability to left click on the entire top bar of gnome shell classic. Previous versions didn't have this problem.
Created attachment 1622015 [details]