Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 165818
kickstart: advanced options contain wrong URL
Last modified: 2007-07-31 11:28:33 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040816
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a kickstart file with distribution set to rhel4 i386 as U1
2. go to options, advanced options.
3. look at the url line
Actual Results: --url http://ohsumi.ntc.nokia.com/kickstart/dist/ks-rhel-i386-as-3/
Expected Results: --url http://MYSAT/kickstart/dist/ks-rhel-i386-as-4/
when viewing the kickstart file, one sees:
url --url http://MYSAT/ty/nLQJpr_k
and it installs just as expected (redhat-release-4AS-2.4)
so this is a cosmetic bug.
Fixed in SVN.
* Note that this change only affects newly created kickstart profiles - existing
kickstart profiles will continue to show the issue.
1) Follow the instructions in the original comment. (satellite only)
- Expect the part of the URL after 'dist' to match the dist label.
2) Also test a few different externally hosted distributions.
3) Remember that the code in this area is slightly different for ia64 systems -
test those specifically.
*** Bug 172743 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Move bugs from Vlad's plate to Fanny's plate (QA contact)
Looks good on QA
Adding a new Issue Tracker ticket against 370. Also adding to 410-triage since
the fix doesn't appear to have ever been released in 405.
Created bug 187136 for tracking against rhn370.
Not sure how this could have passed QA, but still be broken. blocking
rhn410-triage so we take another look at it.
Can you take a look to see if the new java code version has the above issue?
As I understand this bug, the core problem is that the url does not reflect the
actual selection made by the user.
So, assuming that is the case, I have confirmed that the Java port does not
contain this bug. Moving this QA for confirmation.
1) Create a kickstart profile. Note which tree you select.
2) View the advanced options page for that profile
3) Confirm that the --url option ends in the name of selected tree.
Retested on satellite -76 for i386 and ia64. The actual bug is fixed on both
However, when creating the ia64 kickstart profile, something weird happens. The
Default Download Location should just say
"http://fjs-0-06.rhndev.redhat.com/rhn/kickstart/ks-rhel-ia65-as-4", but instead
The same problem does not occur when creating an i386 profile. See attached
Created attachment 129859 [details]
Default Download Location for ia64
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 191241 ***
I am not able to reproduce this with the code used in today's QA push. Marking
this as a dupe of 191241 which should hit QA after the push is complete.