*** Bug 1665471 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I'm unable to reproduce, looking at the code, I see the method is defined for RedHat OS, the error message refers to generic OS. What os family do you use? Could you share reproducing env? The trace points to Katello extension that fails.
Marek, can you try following steps from Bug 1665471 ?
1. hammer architecture create --organization-id 1 --name 'reproducer_arch'
2. echo 'default ptable layout' > /tmp/ptable_layout
3. hammer partition-table create --organization-id 1 --name 'reproducer_ptable' --file /tmp/ptable_layout
4. hammer os create --major 7574 --name 'reproducer_os' --architecture-ids :arch_id --partition-table-ids :ptable_id
5. hammer hostgroup create --name 'reproducer_hostgroup' --architecture-id :arch_id --partition-table-id :ptable_id --operatingsystem-id :os_id
If you are familiar with Robottelo, you can run test_hostgroup.py::HostGroupTestCase::test_positive_create_with_os.
I have 100% reproduction rate on latest 6.5 snap created with sat-deploy.
> What os family do you use?
We have couple of tests failing due to that issue. I can't say authoritatively about all of them, but in basic case we submit name (random alphanumeric string), major and minor (both from range 0-10). We don't specify family at all. Should we? How can we ensure that we create "RedHat OS"?
Also, did this change recently and is it expected change in 6.5? As far as I can tell, these tests didn't fail during 6.4 cycle at all, and they didn't fail in 6.5 snaps 1 to 5.
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25917 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25917 has been resolved.
Bug no longer occurs.
Verified using steps in comment #5 and analyzing automation results. All Hostgroup cases that were failing in last couple of snaps did pass in latest run.
Satellite 6.5 snap 14
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.