Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 166031
logwatch fails to pick up yum log entries
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:11 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)
Description of problem:
The log format used by 'yum' changed some time ago (December '04?) but the logwatch script is still looking for the old date format and dropping all valid records in /etc/log.d/scripts/shared/ApplyUSDate.
The logwatch script /etc/log.d/scripts/services/yum does not process yum package erasures.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Do something with yum e.g. "yum update".
2. Run logwatch to generate a report e.g. "logwatch --print --service yum".
3. Notice the lack of detail.
Actual Results: No output.
Expected Results: Some output at least loosely connected to yum activity.
Problem fixed by attached patch. In summary:
1. Provide a separate "ApplyYumDate" shared script to process 'yum' dates.
2. Configure logwatch "yum.conf" to use "ApplyYumDate".
3. Add capture and print of 'yum' erasure activity.
P.S. How about making the Perl scripts %config(noreplace) to avoid overwriting my local fixes and modifications?
Created attachment 117778 [details]
Patch file to fix problem.
Problem with yum logs was beeing solved in the last logwatch version
(logwatch-6.1.2-3), please could you test this version and describe whether
there is any problem.
Bug has been *fixed* in latest release - Date range is now handles in the per-
Thank you for your notice and test. I'm closing this bug, it is fixed in