Description of problem:
On adding a new node by running scaleup.yml playbook newly added node lists in
1. oc get nodes
2. The node has a gluster pod hosted on it which is in 1/1 Running state
3. heketi node list and topology info
4. gluster peers
BUT the newly added node does not list in end-points and heketi blockhosting volume info
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
]# rpm -qa| grep openshift
# oc rsh glusterfs-storage-xg8q2 rpm -qa| grep gluster
# oc rsh heketi-storage-1-lgqlm rpm -qa| grep heketi
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Created a OCS setup with TSP of 4 nodes and having 25 file and 25 block pvcs.
2. To add a new node to the OCP cluster edited the inventory file and ran the scaleup.yml playbook.
3. The newly added node lists in oc nodes and from heketi. There is also a gluster pod running on the new host
4. Observed that the ep and heketi block hosting volume info do not list the newly added node .
Heketi does not list the newly added nodes in storage emdpoint and block hosting volume info.
Heketi should list the newly added node in storage endpoints and block hosting volume info.
What is the reason the newly added nodes should get listed in the existing endpoints for a PVC/volume? Because there are no bricks on the newly added node for the existing PVC/volume, there is no benefit to have them listed.
Possibly on PVC expansion the endpoints could get updated in case the newly added nodes hosts a brick that was added to the PVC/volume.
*** Bug 1567236 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
1. create a volume using provisioner in a 3 node trusted storage pool
2. add a node to the trusted storage pool using heketi
3. remove a node(from original 3 nodes) from the trusted storage pool using heketi
4. use the `heketi-cli volume endpoint patch VOLUMEID` command to generate the patch file for endpoint
5. use the patch file to oc patch the endpoint.
6. verify that the endpoint now show new IPs.
*** Bug 1667031 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.