Description of problem:
Newly created firefox profiles, no longer copy files from /usr/lib64/firefox/browser/defaults/profile.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
working with firefox-45.7.0-2.el7_3 but fails with firefox-52.1.0-2.el7_3 and above.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) As user a 'usera' create a blank firefox profile by wiping out the .mozilla directory.
2) As user a 'usera' start firefox
3) Created some bookmarks
=> this should create an places.sqlite file under the newly created .mozilla directory.
4) As root copy this file to /usr/lib64/firefox/browser/defaults/profile
5) As root under /usr/lib64/firefox/browser/defaults/profile/ directory create a file with name xulstore.json with following contents
6) As userb create a blank firefox profile by wiping out the .mozilla directory
7) As userb start firefox.
=> Userb should now have the same bookmarks as those created under usera. The bookmarks should also be visible.
userb is not getting same bookmarks.
Userb should now have the same bookmarks as those created under usera. The bookmarks should also be visible.
Similar to issue in -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1269706
Sorry, this mechanism has been deprecated long ago in Firefox 46 and can't be used any more. You need to copy the requested data to user profile by hand or by some script.
Also there's a fleetcomander project which aims to configure Firefox profile for large deployment - but I don't know how far is this project now.
There's nothing we can do on the Firefox side.