Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 166348
Corrupt ToDos in Jpilot
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:12 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050719 Epiphany/1.6.5
Description of problem:
Whenever I do a sync between my T3 and jpilot on FC4, I get corrupted ToDo entries. These entries have unprintable characters, way off due dates, and invalid priorities.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Hit the hotsync button on the T3.
2. Press the hotsync button in Jpilot.
3. Enjoy the corrupted goodness.
Actual Results: I submitted to bugzilla. :) Seriously though, I tried a few times to see if that changed anything. The corrupted entries don't wind up back in the T3 and if I add a todo item via jpilot, it seems ok on the T3.
Expected Results: I expected my ToDo entries to be uncorrupted in jpilot. This worked fine in FC[1-3].
I also noticed that none of my calendar entries are shown either.
could you please test the latest devel jpilot (jpilot-0.99.8-0.pre10.2)?
I have not tried the latest jpilot devel -- too many other dependencies pulled
in from the development repo -- but I think I found the source of the problem.
I use GNU keyring a lot and usually keep a copy of jpilot running with that
plugin open. Every-so-often, when I want to sync or do other PIM-related
activities, I open another jpilot process and go about my business. If I sync,
I sync from this second process. (I have to re-authenticate to the keyring
plugin if I sync from that process. This is why I use two processes vs just
that one.) Once the sync is done, there are usually some freaky todo entries
(with invalid priority levels, blank descriptions, etc.) and I cannot see my cal
entries. If I don't open that second jpilot process and sync from that first
one, everything seems to work fine.
The way I use jpilot worked just fine in FC3, but seems to cause some data
corruption in the FC4 version.
could you try to install the last jpilot (jpilot-0.99.8-0.pre10.1) and
pilot-link (pilot-link-0.12.0-0.pre4.1), you can use src.rpm
http://people.redhat.com/varekova/jpilot-0.99.8-0.pre10.1.src.rpm) and build
this packages yourself. This is the last version, I can't test this problem
myself, but this version fixes a lot of problems. If there is any problem,
please add comment.
These packages seem to fix the concurrent access problems I've been seeing.
This bug is fixed in the last fc4 version (jpilot-0.99.8-0.pre10.fc4.1).