Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 166700
Review Request: perl-Time-Piece-MySQL - MySQL-specific methods for Time::Piece
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:12 EST
Spec Name or Url: http://www.chrisgrau.com/packages/perl/perl-Time-Piece-MySQL.spec
SRPM Name or Url: http://www.chrisgrau.com/packages/perl/perl-Time-Piece-MySQL-0.05-1.src.rpm
The Time::Piece::MySQL module can be used instead of, or in addition to,
Time::Piece to add MySQL-specific date-time methods to Time::Piece objects.
- rpmlint clean
- package and spec naming OK
- package meets guidelines
- license is same as perl, correct in spec
- spec file written in English and legible
- sources match upstream
- package build ok in mock on FC4 (i386)
- no locales, libraries, subpackages, pkgconfigs etc. to worry about
- not relocatable
- no permissions issues
- no duplicate files
- %clean section present and correct
- macro usage is consistent
- code not content
- no large docs
- docs don't affect runtime
- no scriptlets
- directory ownership wrong; perl(Time::Piece) owns
So you need to replace in %files:
# Time and Time/Piece owned by perl-Time-Piece.
- BR: perl is redundant
- license text not included; suggest adding to %setup:
perldoc -t perlgpl > COPYING
perldoc -t perlartistic > Artistic
and to %files:
%doc COPYING Artistic
Created attachment 118093 [details]
Patch addressing review issues
(In reply to comment #1)
> - directory ownership wrong; perl(Time::Piece) owns
> So you need to replace in %files:
> # Time and Time/Piece owned by perl-Time-Piece.
Oops. Can't even begin to explain what I was thinking there. Good catch.
Again, I didn't use your patch, Paul, but I appreciate the effort.