Created attachment 1523337 [details]
Three operators from the "certified-operators" OperatorSource with the same provider in the Operator Hub UI.
Description of problem:
All operators displayed in Operator Hub UI from the same OperatorSource will be displayed with the same provider in their tile and modal. The provider doesn't match the provider listed in the packagemanifest for these operators (except for the operator whose provider is being duplicated).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
2) marketplace image:
3) olm image:
4) console image
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Click "Operator Hub" under the "Catalog" header in the side menu of the console.
2. Select the "Certified" "Provider Type" in the filter bar.
1. View that couchbase-enterprise, dynatrace-monitoring, and mongodb-enterprise have the text "provided by MongoDB, Inc" below their titles.
2. Clicking on any of these three operators will show their Modal also lists the provider as "MongoDB, Inc".
1. See the correct provider for these three operators: "Couchbase", "Dynatrace LLC", and "MongoDB, Inc", respectively.
** Accidentally left out the other images involved, here they are:
2) marketplace image: registry.svc.ci.openshift.org/openshift/origin-v4.0-2019-01-22-055501@sha256:ba28700ae1e0cd8bf2caf1930de777d495c5bddd0ca9356ad1832d9b90f8cb84
3) olm image: registry.svc.ci.openshift.org/openshift/origin-v4.0-2019-01-22-055501@sha256:ad3dbbeac14175ace16b2bd51700e31ad16c1419b123b9698b8c4e069542f9e3
4) console image: registry.svc.ci.openshift.org/openshift/origin-v4.0-2019-01-22-055501@sha256:ff9b8324d684385b57556a3067de45e5c429a54749a31d6359ca6a7e09e1c124
This has been fixed in the latest release
Still encounter this issue on the Web console for the latest build: 4.0.0-0.nightly-2019-02-26-125216
The value of the provider is Coubase, but the provide value of label still is "MongoDB, Inc".
[jzhang@dhcp-140-18 ~]$ oc get packagemanifest couchbase-enterprise -o yaml -n openshift-marketplace
provider: MongoDB, Inc
[jzhang@dhcp-140-18 ~]$ oc get clusterversion
NAME VERSION AVAILABLE PROGRESSING SINCE STATUS
version 4.0.0-0.nightly-2019-02-26-125216 True False 105m Cluster version is 4.0.0-0.nightly-2019-02-26-125216
OLM image info:
Console image info:
PR with the fix https://github.com/openshift/console/pull/1235
One question, I saw the fix PR just changed the value of the "provider" to "status.provider.name" from the "metadata.labels.provider".
But, the "metadata.labels.provider" of the couchbase-enterprise still is "MongoDB, Inc". It's incorrect, we should fix it too. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Redirecting the question to Lance who authored the PR
From this comment https://github.com/openshift/console/pull/1235#issuecomment-467938141 by Alec Merdler, it looks like the issue with labels.provider may come from the couchbase-enterprise CSV. If this is not the case, I would raise a different bug on the OLM side because they own the packagemanifest resource and will be better equipped to resolve this.
PR is still trying to merge. For some reason the e2e test is not passing. Will update here when it's merged.
marketplace image: quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-v4.0-art-dev@sha256:c802c1681883549a6a6b123719866b382218294259d55d5464415cf9464b189f
The UI can display the operator provider as the config in the packagemanifest.
LGTM, verify it.
> If this is not the case, I would raise a different bug on the OLM side because they own the packagemanifest resource and will be better equipped to resolve this.
I created bug 1690241 for this "labels.provider" issue.
[jzhang@dhcp-140-18 ocp18]$ oc get packagemanifest couchbase-enterprise -o yaml -n openshift-marketplace|grep provider -A 2
provider: MongoDB, Inc
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.