Created attachment 1523397 [details]
kernel: cx231xx 1-4:1.1: V4L2 device video0 deregistered
1. Please describe the problem:
I'm not able to use my "AVerMedia DVD EZMaker 7" USB capture card
it appears in lsusb as
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 07ca:c039 AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.
From the kernel log it looks like the capture device /dev/video0 starts and then fails at usb 1-4: couldn't get decoder output pad for V4L I/O
2. What is the Version-Release number of the kernel:
3. Did it work previously in Fedora? If so, what kernel version did the issue
*first* appear? Old kernels are available for download at
worked in kernel-4.19.15-300.fc29.x86_64, stopped working in 4.20.0-0.rc0.git7.1.fc30.x86_64
4. Can you reproduce this issue? If so, please provide the steps to reproduce
the issue below:
I had an OBS scene that was already set up to have /dev/video0 as a capture device. When booting up with the new kernel and launching OBS, the capture device outputs nothing, black screen. Usually the device outputs a solid blue screen when it's working and not capturing anything.
5. Does this problem occur with the latest Rawhide kernel? To install the
Rawhide kernel, run ``sudo dnf install fedora-repos-rawhide`` followed by
``sudo dnf update --enablerepo=rawhide kernel``:
The issue still occurs in 5.0.0-0.rc3.git0.1.fc30.x86_64
6. Are you running any modules that not shipped with directly Fedora's kernel?:
I think I have uinput module enabled
7. Please attach the kernel logs. You can get the complete kernel log
for a boot with ``journalctl --no-hostname -k > dmesg.txt``. If the
issue occurred on a previous boot, use the journalctl ``-b`` flag.
Same issue with two different USB tuner cards using the same driver. Hauppauge USB Live 2 and Elgato Video Capture V2.
Same issue for Diamond One Touch Video Capture
As a note, the patchwork.kernel.org web site shows a Linux kernel fix. Here is the url (offsite) - https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10763655/ However, I've never built a kernel from scratch and have no idea how to set this up and do this in Fedora. However, this information might help someone else work around the problem.
Linked patch is merged in rawhide. Please test on that.