Created attachment 1525343 [details]
Screenshot showing incorrect tooltip popup in Libreoffice Impress Navigator
Description of problem:
All six toolbar icons in the "Navigator" pane of Libreoffice Impress display the same (incorrect) tooltip when moused over.
A screenshot is attached.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch Libreoffice Impress
2. Select any template from the wizard, and click "Open"
3. If it's not already visible, open the Navigator sidebar by clicking the bottom-most icon in the toolbar along the edge of the window. (The right edge, in my LTR language. Not sure if the placement is locale-dependent.)
4. Mouse over any of the six toolbar controls at the top of the sidebar.
All controls display the same tooltip: "Opens the Navigator, where you can quickly jump to other slides or move between open files."
Each control displays a tooltip describing its individual function.
This is in contrast to e.g. Libreoffice Writer, where the Navigator tooltips do match their function — the left-arrow tooltip reads "Jumps to the previous item in the document...", etc.
experimenting locally this seems to be with tools->options->libreoffice->general->extended_tips enabled
(In reply to Caolan McNamara from comment #1)
> experimenting locally this seems to be with
> tools->options->libreoffice->general->extended_tips enabled
Interesting... confirmed, thanks Caolan.
When I deactivate that preference, Libreoffice Writer switches to short tips like "Next Page", "Footer", etc. and Libreoffice Impress uses "Next Slide", "Show Shapes", and so on.
But when Extended Tips is enabled, Navigator controls in Writer all have meaningful individualized explanations, whereas in Impress they all show the same wrong tip.
Not very surprisingly...
* Libreoffice Draw has the same issue as Impress (since it looks like they use identical Navigators).
* Libreoffice Calc, like Writer, does NOT exhibit the extended-tips Navigator bug.
* Libreoffice Base does not have a Navigator at all.
libreoffice-126.96.36.199-2.fc29 has been pushed to the Fedora 29 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2019-677ee422e1
libreoffice-188.8.131.52-2.fc29 has been pushed to the Fedora 29 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.