Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 167442
devnode_blacklist regex for IDE drives is wrong in supplied multipath.conf
Last modified: 2010-01-11 21:21:10 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.9) Gecko/20050715 Firefox/1.0.5
Description of problem:
If you're running a server that doesn't have any IDE drives multipath[d] will fail to startup because the regex intended to blacklist those drives is wrong.
The errors messages given will be...
[root@dl380-02 ~]# multipath -v 3
path hda not found in pathvec
===== path hda =====
bus = 2
dev_t = 3:0
size = 8388604
failed to open /dev/hda
The regex in the supplied config file is....
I've changed it to
which works in our environment.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
On a server with no IDE drives, run multipath -v 3
I was using a HP DL380
I changed the multipath.conf blacklist values to match the compiled in values
for the multipath-tools. These are
If you could verify that your problem is fixed with these values, that would be
Yup that works fine. Thanks