Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 167471
RFE: Update perl-Compress-Zlib to 1.37
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:12 EST
I'm attaching a patch that applies perfectly to rawhide and FC-4 that updates
perl-Compress-Zlib to the latest version, 1.37. (The latest source is at
The latest amavisd-new is failing to start, complaining about wanting
Compress::Zlib >= 1.35. Presumably this is because of some of the fixes in
1.35. Ideally I'd like to see an update to FC-3 and above so I can build
amavisd-new for all of them once it is accepted into Extras, but an update for
at least FC-4 (where I do most of my testing, and what most of my clients are
running) and rawhide would be greatly appreciated.
The following is the changelog for the last 3 versions of Compress::Zlib:
1.37 - 12 August 2005
* Change to t/03examples.t for VMS from Abe Timmerman
1.36 - 3 August 2005
* Renamed zlib-src-1.2.3 to zlib-src to help VMS
* Fixed Makefile.PL for VMS
* Fixed t/03examples.t for VMS
* Added a couple of notes about incompatibility with Unix compress.
1.35 - 16 July 2005
* Updated zlib source to 1.2.3
* Fixed problem with where two calls to gzclose would hang the debugger.
* Added code from Alexey Tourbin to use XSLoader when available,
and DynaLoader otherwise.
* Documented that the compress & uncompress functions were not
the same as the Unix utilities of the same name.
* Fixed 05gzsetp -- it left a temp file hanging around.
* Integrate core change 24787 - SvUPGRADE returns void in blead
* Integrate core change 24788 - Makefile.PL adjustments for the core
Created attachment 118409 [details]
spec file update to 1.37
FC5 built, FC4 pushed to test updates where your test verification is needed.
Are you sure this is safe to push to FC3 too, it wont break other software that
used the older version?
As soon as it hits updates-testing, I'll give it a try on a couple of my servers.
I'm doing a test build for FC-3 now. I'll let you know how that goes.
WORKSFORME on FC-3.
From User-Agent: XML-RPC
perl-Compress-Zlib-1.37-1.fc3 has been pushed for FC3, which should resolve this issue. If these problems are still present in this version, then please make note of it in this bug report.
The update works great. Thanks, Warren.