Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 167490
RFE: update slib to 3a2
Last modified: 2013-07-02 19:09:13 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.11) Gecko/20050815 Epiphany/1.7.6
Description of problem:
A new version of slib is out; I'm attaching the .diff I made to register/unregister slib.info.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Apply diff
Actual Results: -
Expected Results: -
Created attachment 118416 [details]
Diff to the slib spec file
Another thing I forgot: should slib really 'Provides: slib' - wouldn't having
the same name be enough?
Created attachment 118417 [details]
New diff - no need to explicitly gzip the .info file
I'm aware of the new slib, but I decided to not to update to it as there's
possibility (at least for me) to recreate the slibcat with this release any
more. It's required for guile and gnucash.
to correct my typo:
There's of course no possibility to recreate the slibcat either if I followed
upstream documentation or try to create it using guile.
Ah, OK. Slightly unrelated, but also on slib:
the *.init files in /usr/share/slib need to be patched to point to
/usr/share/slib instead of /usr/local/lib/slib.. I use Chez Scheme, and I need
to load chez.init to get access to slib functions cleanly, but as it ships the
loading fails because it references the wrong path.
I built the new slib what fixes the /usr/local prefix issue.
Thanks Jindrich. I might as well close the bug.. hope upstream'll fix the
slibcat problem soon.
Ok, thanks to you for reporting this as well.