Description of problem:
Firefox 65.0.1 is available
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Firefox 65.0 is available in the repos.
Firefox 65.0.1 should be available in the repos for F28, F29 and "rawhide".
Firefox 65.0.1 contains three Security Fixes:
- CVE-2018-18356: Use-after-free in Skia
- CVE-2019-5785: Integer overflow in Skia
- CVE-2018-18511: Cross-origin theft of images with ImageBitmapRenderingContext
- Fixed accidental requests to addons.mozilla.org when an addon recommendation doorhanger is shown (bug 1526387)
- Improved playback of interactive Netflix videos (bug 1524500)
- Fixed color management not working on macOS (bug 1506495)
- Fixed incorrect sizing of the "Clear Recent History" window in some situations (bug 1523696)
- Fixed audio & video delays while making WebRTC calls (bug 1521577 & bug 1523817)
- Fixed video sizing problems during some WebRTC calls (bug 1520200)
- Fixed looping CONNECT requests when using WebSockets over HTTP/2 from behind a proxy server (bug 1523427)
- Fixed the "Enter" key not working on password entry fields for certain Linux distributions (bug 1523635)
- Various stability and security fixes.
- Made support for <meta> viewport tags in Responsive Design Mode, initially enabled in Firefox 64, pref-controlled and off by default (bug 1521814). To restore the previous behavior, change the devtools.responsive.metaViewport.enabled pref to true.
any plan, when the build for Firefox 65.0.1 is ready?
The mentioned security issues in the skia library seem to be rather critical, because they can cause either an integer overflow and/or a use-after-free issue.
Chrome was also affected by this issue: https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-curious-case-of-convexity-confusion.html
It looks like the primary maintainer of firefox is absent and no secondary maintainer does care to react. This is a pressing organizational issue!
xhorak tried to build 65.0.1, but all builds failed. No update since Saturday.
Any news, when 65.0.1 is ready?
I'll take care of it.
Builds are available for F28 and F29. I think we can close it for now.