Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a custom operator source in quay where you can push updates.
- Create an OperatorSource object that points to the above.
- Wait until the OperatorSource object is reconciled successfully.
- Now Create a new CatalogSourceConfig Object that specifies a package from the above OperatorSource object.
- Wait until the CatalogSourceConfig is reconciled successfully.
- Push an update to quay for the specified package in the above CatalogSourceConfig object.
- Wait for an hour for the changes to be detected. Watch marketplace logs to check whether changes have been detected.
- The registry pod associated with CatalogSourceConfig does not get killed and recreated.
- The registry pod associated with CatalogSourceConfig should get killed. The new pod instance should download the new version of the package specified.
> Expected Result:
> - The registry pod associated with CatalogSourceConfig should get killed.
> The new pod instance should download the new version of the package
all the registry pod associated with the installed catalogsourceconfig and the catalogsourceconfig that created by yaml file manually won't be updated until you edit them.
sometimes the csc will update automatically
sometime the csc won't be updated even you modified the packages in the config yaml. maybe the reason: (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1679309)
will test after the bug(https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1679309) is fix
marketplace image: quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-v4.0-art-dev@sha256:db3741fada8ffb0417e20b58781d2028a17c2c7697c0965b248b6af8501ef312
2. csc wil update automatically after Updates in remote registry.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.