Puppet importer taxonomy code (set_taxonomies) is causing problems for discovery, this is a regression in Satellite 6.4 and 6.5. This is the timeline:
- Bug in older version of Satellite
- Fix in Foreman 1.14 (Satellite 6.3)
- Regression in Foreman 1.17 (Satellite 6.4)
- Fix no. 2 merged for Foreman 1.22
More details in the upstream tickets.
There are two changes:
- Foreman core - small oneliner, only cherry pick the set_taxonomies line, the other one is not relevant (must be actually not picked).
- Foreman discovery - four lines and tests
This is important bug for discovery and must be fixed in both 6.5 and 6.4. One-liner, zero risk. Do you want me to clone into 6.4 as well? Thanks.
Since discovery patch only include test changes, let's only merge the core patch.
- Create OrgA and OrgB with labels set as "OrgA" and "OrgB"
- Create subnet which has both organizations assigned.
- Set Organization Fact in Admister-Settings-Puppet to "xxx_org"
- Discover host in the subnet with custom facts:
- xxx_org set to OrgB
- discovery_organization set to OrgA
- Check the taxonomy of the discovered host
SUCCESS: It was discovered in OrgA
FAILURE: It was discovered in OrgB
Thanks for reproduce steps (comment #4).
Steps reproduced with sat-6.5.0 - snap 18,
package version: foreman-18.104.22.168-1,
Where host was discovered in OrgB and was not discovered with OrgA,
And then steps were reproduced again with sat-6.5.0 - snap 20,
package version: foreman-22.214.171.124-1,
Where host was discovered in OrgA, and was not discovered with OrgB.
These results are same as expected results in comment #4.
Additional info, as discovery image I used this /usr/share/foreman-discovery-image/foreman-discovery-image-3.5.4-2.iso
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.