Description of problem:
If users sets "collect_ovirt_collectd_metrics" to false the rsyslog configuration will not include Collectd but Collectd will be configured to send metrics
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set the variables in config.yml and add the variable collect_ovirt_collectd_metrics: false
2. Configure hosts with /usr/share/ovirt-engine-metrics/configure_ovirt_machines_for_metrics.sh
Collectd is running and enabled but rsyslog is not configured to consume the metrics so collectd fails.
Collectd should be disabled and Rsyslog conf should not include collectd handling
We don't have capacity now to verify metrics bugs. Moving to async 4.3.5-1.
1) Have working metrics store and engine with/without hosts (installed according to the documentation)
2) Prepare the engine (and hosts) for deployment of collectd and rsyslog according to the documentation
3) Add `collect_ovirt_collectd_metrics: false` line to the /etc/ovirt-engine-metrics/config.yml.d/config.yml
4) Run the configuration script
Collectd is stopped without error. Rsyslog is started and running without error. Logs from the engine and hosts are processed and are present in Kibana, though there is no data in dashboards, which is intended.
This bugzilla is included in oVirt 4.3.5 first async release, published on July 31th 2019.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in oVirt 4.3.5 first async release, it has been closed with a resolution of CURRENT RELEASE.
If the solution does not work for you, please open a new bug report.