Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 168189
Review Request: gtk+extra - A library of gtk+ widgets
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:13 EST
Spec Name or Url: http://linuxelectronique.free.fr/download/fedora/4/SPECS/gtk+extra.spec
SRPM Name or Url: http://linuxelectronique.free.fr/download/fedora/4/SRPMS/gtk+extra-1.1.0-2.src.rpm
Description: A library of dynamically linked gtk+ widgets including:
GtkSheet, GtkPlot, and GtkIconList
This package is needed by gpsim.
A couple of things that need to be fixed:
* the BR is wrong. the BR should be gtk2-devel.
output of configure
checking for GTK+ - version >= 1.3.13... yes (version 2.4.14)
checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.3.13... yes (version 2.4.8)
checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 1.3.13... yes
and the following mail
Note: glib2-devel gets pulled by gtk2-devel
* the gtk+extras-devel package should require the gtk2-devel
* exclude the .la file
* lots of documentation missing
Created attachment 118831 [details]
Specfile patch to correct the problems mentioned in comment #1
* corrects the problems mentioned in comment #1
* most of the documentation is in DOS format
(converts docs with line terminations "\r\n" to "\n")
* also moved a couple of ChangeLog files from the main packaged
to the devel one (appears to make more sense)
* reformats a couple of lines (non-critical)
Thanks for reviewing, and of course for the patch (fully applied).
* Thu Sep 15 2005 Alain Portal <aportal[AT]univ-montp2[DOT]fr> 1.1.0-3
- BuildRequires is gtk2-devel, not gtk+-devel
- Add Requires gtk2-devel for package devel
- Exclude .la files
- Add a lot of documentation
- Move gtk*.ChangeLog in devel package
- Convert DOS format end-of-line to Unix-like format
- Contributions of Jose Pedro Oliveira <jpo[AT]di[DOT]uminho[DOT]pt>
Thanks to him.
Spec Name or Url:
SRPM Name or Url:
* Tarball MD5 digest verified against upstream copy
* URL and Source url are valid
* License text file included
* Builds without problems in FC-3
* Builds without problems in mock (FC-4)
* no rpmlint output
Do you still have CVS access problems? Do you want me to import and build it?
I can't access CVS, but I think this is an account problem, I can't change my
So please, import and build.
Devel and FC-3 RPMS are already available in the mirrors.
FC-4 RPMS just built.
Package Change Request
Package Name: gtk+extras
Updated Fedora Owners: email@example.com
Please, add my home email in comps because I'm on vacation for 6 weeks.
Added as comaintainer - might be better just to make it initialcc but anyway.