Description of problem:
1. From the OCP web console, deploy the cluster logging community operator
2. From the OCP web console, create a clusterlogging instance in the openshift-logging namespace with the following yaml:
schedule: 30 3 * * *
3. The clusterlogging cr named instance is created in the openshift-logging namespace, but the clusterlogging-operator pod logs are full of the following error message:
ERROR: logging before flag.Parse: E0227 15:27:13.952660 1 reflector.go:205] github.com/operator-framework/operator-sdk/pkg/sdk/informer.go:91: Failed to list *unstructured.Unstructured: clusterloggings.logging.openshift.io is forbidden: User "system:serviceaccount:openshift-operators:cluster-logging-operator" cannot list resource "clusterloggings" in API group "logging.openshift.io" at the cluster scope
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 4.0.0-0.nightly-2019-02-27-074704
How reproducible: Always
How are you installing the operator?
It seems like you are missing the clusterloggings CRD from your system. `$ oc get crds`
# oc get crd | egrep "clusterlogging|elastic"
The clusterlogging CR gets created ok:
# oc get clusterlogging -o wide -n openshift-logging
Installing the operator like this:
1. login in to the console
2. Click Catalogs -> OperatorHub
3. Click Community Operators
4. Click Cluster Logging
5. Click Install
Created attachment 1539200 [details]
cluster logging install plan
Believe this will be resolved by https://github.com/operator-framework/community-operators/pull/85
Verified in 4.0.0-0.nightly-2019-03-05-065158.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.