Description of problem:
The updating on csc doesn't work when it is created 3 hours later,registory pod won't be updated even edit the csc's package manually
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.install operator "federationv2" to ns "openshift-operatos" through the operator hub UI,the csc "installed-community-openshift-operators" will be created with the package "federationv2"
2.wait for 3 hours
3. install another community operator "etcd" to ns "openshift-operatos" through the operator hub UI
1. after the step3 the csc "installed-community-openshift-operators" will add the package "etcd" to the package list.but the registory pod of "installed-community-openshift-operators-xxxxxx" won't be updated, and the package of "etcd" won't be download to the registory pod.
1. after step 3 the egistory pod of "installed-community-openshift-operators-xxxxxx" should be recreated and download the package of "etcd"
1. this can be reproduce at any kind of csc ,no matter it is created by yaml file manually or created by UI.
2. the registory pod won't be updated even edit the csc's package manually after it is created for 3 hours
3.if you delete the csc and create it again ,it can be updated correct again
4. the logs of markektplace :
`time="2019-03-01T06:00:03Z" level=info msg="Reconciling CatalogSourceConfig openshift-marketplace/installed-community-openshift-operators\n"
time="2019-03-01T06:00:03Z" level=info msg="No action taken, the object has already been reconciled" name=installed-community-openshift-operators targetNamespace=openshift-operators type=CatalogSourceConfig
FYI, based on my understanding, I guess this issue maybe was caused by the bug 1684049
Fan Jia, given what Jian Zhang mentioned, please retest this with a build that has the fix for bug 1684049 and let me know if you still see the issue.
the csc project can be updated after it is created 3 hours later.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.