Description of problem:
[RFE] Support IPv6 for address type in subnets in rhel8 guests
In rhel8 guests/VMs, we can't ping networks via the IPv6 subnets without RA.
In rhel7.6 VMs we could, see BZ 1434435 comment11.
We should support connectivity between IPv6 subnets in rhel8 guests.
Since on el8, the default is for dhclient to assign ipv6 host addresses (/128 subnets)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create IPv6 network and subnet via REST API on the ovn provider
2. Import the network to RHV
3. Add this network to 2 rhel8 VMs
4. Run dhclient -6 on both VMs and get IPv6 addresses from the dhcpv6 subnet
5. Try to ping between the 2 VMs via the IPv6 addresses
'Network is unreachable'.
Ping should work via the same IPv6 subnet
See also main RFE BZ 1434435 which was tested with success with rhel7.6 VMs and working as expected.
Verified on - ovirt-provider-ovn-1.2.22-1.el7ev.noarch with
This bugzilla is included in oVirt 4.3.4 release, published on June 11th 2019.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in oVirt 4.3.4 release, it has been closed with a resolution of CURRENT RELEASE.
If the solution does not work for you, please open a new bug report.