Description of problem:
Trying to resize a PVC from the console always fails if the project has a limitrange set.
Error: "Can't be greater than ."
If you delete the limitrange, the resize works without issue.
Reported here: https://github.com/openshift/origin-web-console/issues/3096
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create PVC
2. Resize from oc edit pvc works
3. Create new PVC
4. Resize from PVC -> Actions -> Expand PVC
5. Error: "Can't be greater than ."
6. oc delete resourcequota --all
7. refresh console, still fails
8. oc delete LimitRange --all
9. Refresh and resize works
Resize fails with Error: "Can't be greater than ."
Ankush, are you able to look at this?
Sam, Looking into this will update once the fix is available.
QE tried to reproduce the issue with steps
1. Create StorageClass with allowVolumeExpansion: true
oc get sc standard-testing -o yaml
2. Create Resource Quota
3. Create PVC using sc/standard-testing and set size to 500MiB, PVC will be bound
4. Goes to Storage -> mypvc -> Actions -> Expand PVC
5. Try to set Capacity to 500GiB, it will show error message " Storage quota will be exceeded. View Quota " and Expand button will be disabled, user can't expand to larger value
6. Try to set Capacity to 1GiB(quota limit), it can be expanded to 1GiB
this is checked on openshift v3.11.100
Didn't see error 'Can't be greater than .', will give another try on 3.11.59 tomorrow
*** Bug 1700182 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
1. Create LimitRange
# oc create -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openshift-qe/v3-testfiles/master/limits/limits.yaml -n testproject
2. Create StorageClass with allowVolumeExpansion set to true
3. Create PVC using this storageclass
4. Goes to Storage -> mypvc -> Actions -> Expand PVC, there is error " Can't be greater than . " and not be able to expand PVC
This is reproduced on v3.11.59
Having LimitRange in project prevents user from expanding PVC. Having ResourceQuota doesn't affect the function
1. Create StorageClass
2. Create LimitRange in project
oc create -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openshift-qe/v3-testfiles/master/limits/limits.yaml -n testproject
3. Create PVC with capacity set as 500MiB
4. Expand PVC to 510MiB via Actions -> Expand PVC
PVC can be successfully extended.
Verified on OpenShift Web Console:v3.11.117
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.