Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 169734
duplicate keyboard shortcuts in Czech locale
Last modified: 2013-07-02 19:09:59 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050922 Fedora/1.0.7-1.1.fc3 Firefox/1.0.7
Description of problem:
mc enables users to select menu items by opening the appropriate menu and pressing
the highlighted key. However, some keys are duplicate in some menus so users
cannot access those menu items that have the same shortcut as the first menu item
with the sortcut. To be specific, menus for "Levy" and "Pravy" (Left and Right
panels) have shortcut 'P' for "Poradi" and "FTP spojeni" (Sort order and FTP link)
and menu Soubor (File) has shortcut 'A' for "EditovAt" and "novy Adresar" (Edit
and Mkdir) so there's no way to launch the FTP link dialog from menu Left or Right
(pressing 'P' always opens the Sort order dialog) and to launch the Mkdir dialog
from menu File (pressing 'A' always runs editor) - one has to jump there using the
arrow keys and Enter or use mouse.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. have Czech locale set and run mc or run LC_ALL=cs_CZ.UTF-8 mc
2. press F9 and open either "Levy" (Left) or "Pravy" (Right) menu
3. look at the highlighted keys for "Poradi" and "FTP spojeni" - the same
2b. press F9 and open the "Soubor" menu
3b. look at the highlighted keys for "editovAt" and "novy Adresar" - the same
Actual Results: duplicate shortcut keys
Expected Results: unique shortcut keys
mc in FC4 is affected too
Found yet more duplicated keyboard shortcuts in mcedit menu for the Czech
1) Edit/Znacit sloupcove and Edit/na Zacatek,
2) Prikaz/jit na Parovou zavorku and Prikaz/Provest makro
3) Prikaz/Smazat makro and Prikaz/Setridit
4) Prikaz/Vlozit Datum/cas Prikaz/oDeslat...
5) conflict of Prikaz/Ukoncit zaznam makra and untranslated Prikaz/Paste oUtput
Thanks for pointing this out.
Oh, actually not.
* You've changed "prohleDnout soubor..." to "prohLednout soubor...". There
wasn't any problem with 'D' keyboard shortcut in menu "Soubor".
* "editovAt" and "novy Adresar" stayed unchanged.
And when it comes to the changes in mcedit menu keyboard shortcuts (another
duplicates found by you and higlighted characters in lower case), there are
another two issues:
* you've changed (Edit/) "Znacit sloupcove" to "Znacit sloupcove" ('n' is
highlighted but in lower case) - should be "zNacit sloupcove"
* (Edit/) "Kopirovat" and "na Konec" is another duplicate, shortcut 'K'
Ok, now *FIXED* ;)
I'm very sorry, but I got an idea to review keyboard shortcuts in dialogs too;
there are another duplicates. Beat me, kill me :)
levy or pravy -> rezim vypisu: Zhusteny seznam souboru & Zrusit
levy or pravy -> poradi: Pripona & cas Pristupu & Pozpatku
Some more higlighted characters in lower case remain, please run:
grep '^msgstr.*&[a-z]' cs.po
to find them. (I found nine)
Should be all.
Radek, this is now fixed by a patch I sent upstream: