Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 169820
Fails to start and then no tty0 etc....
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:14 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7
Description of problem:
udev simply fails to start. If I try to go to runlevel 1 and replace the 50-xxx udev rules file, then it starts but I have other problems.
The effect is to loose tty0 and then not be able to startx etc...
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
it's since version 169
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Just boot with the new devel packages updated through yum and devel repos
Actual Results: Booting is problematic at best. I'm writing this from my windows partition.
Expected Results: Normal boot
Steps to pinpoint the problem:
1. move away /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules
2. add the original rule lines back to /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules
3. see which line causes your problems
1. make a backup of /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules
2. remove lines from the end of /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules until it boots
3. report the lines, which cause your problem