Description of problem:
Attempting to install a Fedora 30 nightly in Beaker (Fedora-30-20190408.n.0).
Starting installer, one moment...
anaconda 30.25.4-1.fc30 for Fedora 30 (pre-release) started.
* installation log files are stored in /tmp during the installation
* shell is available on TTY2
* if the graphical installation interface fails to start, try again with the
inst.text bootoption to start text installation
* when reporting a bug add logs from /tmp as separate text/plain attachments
13:46:00 Running pre-installation scripts
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/sbin/anaconda", line 593, in <module>
File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/network.py", line 310, in
File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/network.py", line 289, in
File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/modules/common/task/__init__.py", line 60, in sync_run_task
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pydbus/proxy_method.py", line 102, in __call__
pyanaconda.modules.common.errors.DBusError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'upper'
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Created attachment 1554619 [details]
Created attachment 1554621 [details]
Please attach also syslog log file.
And/or add a link to the failed beaker job if available.
Created attachment 1554803 [details]
1) The cause of the crash is using:
- ksdevice=bootif boot option with BOOTIF value missing from boot options (usually added by PXE "ipappend 2"):
BOOT_IMAGE=/images/apm-mustang-ev3-02.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com/kernel ks=http://beaker.engineering.redhat.com/kickstart/5345774 ksdevice=bootif netboot_method=grub2
- with a device defined in kickstart without --device option, in which case boot option "ksdevice" is used to supply value to --device ("bootif"):
network --bootproto=dhcp --hostname=apm-mustang-ev3-02.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
2) PR to prevent the crash:
3) updates image with the patch (against version from the description):
can be checked / applied by using boot option
or kickstart command
See bug 1710993 for a request for Beaker to stop adding ksdevice=bootif by default.
This unfortunately still affects Fedora 30 final installations in beaker, working with ksdevice=bootif removed from the kernel args.
I checked Fedora-Rawhide-20190515.n.1 which includes anaconda 31.12-1.fc31, and it appears to be working as expected even with 'ksdevice=bootif' included.