Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 170373
system-config-printer does not handle Epson EPL-6200L
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:20 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050721 CentOS/1.0.6-1.4.1.centos4 Firefox/1.0.6
Description of problem:
Wehn configurinf an Epson EPL-6200L printer, the following message appears:
No match for USB device:
desc "EPSON EPL-6200L"
Please report this message in Bugzilla:
Choose 'foomatic' as the component.
and the printer does not work
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start system-config-printer
2. create printer corresponding to /dev/usb/lp0 EPSON-EPL-6200L
3. Select "Apply"
Actual Results: The above message appears
Expected Results: no message, and printing the test page should have worked.
The 'no match' message is harmless (it just means that the correct printer model
is not automatically selected for you). I have committed the fix into CVS.
It does not prevent the printer from printing, so something else is also going on.
Please do the following:
1. Become root, using 'su -' in a terminal window
2. Stop cups with '/sbin/service cups stop'
3. Clear out the CUPS error log with '>/var/log/cups/error_log'
4. Start cups again with '/sbin/service cups start'
5. Try to print a test page to that queue from system-config-printer (using the
6. When it fails, please attach the /var/log/cups/error_log message to this bug
Created attachment 120590 [details]
content of /var/log/cups/error_log after the instructions
(In reply to comment #2)
The text of my message above was lost and only the attachment survived. I just
wanted to say that, in fact, following the instructions I was able to print the
test page and to use the printer. I don't see errors. I included anyway the
content of the log file. Thanks,
Fixed in update: foomatic-3.0.2-39.4.fc6