Remove needinfo in comment 3 since it has already been tested in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1593010#c74, and the issue still exist, so we need to continue working on the fix.
Tested with cloud-init-18.5-10.el8 on RHV, the issue is gone.
- RHV 18.104.22.168-0.1.el7
- VM: RHEL8.0 + cloud-init-18.5-10.el8
1. Create VM with RHEL 8.0 (register to rhsm, enable baseos/appstream repos)
2. Install cloud-init cloud-init-18.5-10.el8
3. Start the service and set it up permanently by 'systemctl enable --now cloud-init'.
4. Power off the vm and create template.
5. Create a new vm from the new template with the following cloud init parameters (by GUI): 'TZ: +13 Tonga, Network: static, NIC Name: eth0, IP: 10.0.0.1, MASK: 255.255.255.0, GW: 10.0.0.254'.
6. Start the vm and verify cloud-init parameters are as expected (by `ip a` and `cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0`).
7. Power off the vm from engine and repeat step 6.
- Cloud-init parameters was remain as expected after vm is powered off and restarted.
Move the status to VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.