Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 170982
ALSA fails (no sound output) for Audigy 2 ZS Platinum when upgrading from kernel module 1456 to 1526
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:15 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050922 Fedora/1.0.7-1.1.fc4 Firefox/1.0.7
Description of problem:
Sound was working fine with my Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Platinum in kernel module 2.6.12-1.1456_FC4. Recently upgraded to 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4 and lost sound support with ALSA.
(Hand-Held Remote for the front bay plate (controls volume and speaker adjustments) still does not work also, but this is secondary as this is not as important as having playback.)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Booted into kernel module 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4.
2. Load up XMMS and (assuming MP3 plugin is supported) queue a track.
3. Load up XMMS audio plugins and select as output plugin "ALSA 1.2.10 output plugin [libALSA.so]"
4. Press Apply and OK.
5. Play track and confirmed no sound supported under 1526.
6. Reboot into 1456 and follow above steps again. Confirmed playback.
Actual Results: Sound under 1456 but not new kernel module 1526.
Expected Results: Expected sound support for ALSA under new kernel module in 1526.
Could you attach /proc/asound/version? (from 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4 and