Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 171244
anaconda exception dialog text rendering problem, crash with X error
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:15 EST
Description of problem:
During an install after package selection an exception occurred. The exception
dialog opened. When scrolling through the exception text, some of the backtrace
text was rendered improperly, overlapping previous text on the same line. Text
was selected with the mouse to perhaps fix the rendering issue. Shortly
afterwards, an X error occurred.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. boot with "graphical askmethod".
2. HTTP install.
3. Create custom layout.
4. Format all existing partitions except /home (/, swap, /boot, no LVM).
5. Additionally select server-cfg, system-tools.
6. During "Checking dependencies" Exception Occurred dialog appears.
7. Click "Exception text" arrow and scroll through the text.
8. Scroll quickly by holding down the Page Down key. You may need to
fiddle with various scrolling, left, right, up, down, etc.
9. Eventually, X will crash with an error.
The program 'anaconda' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadLength'.
(Details: serial 291530 error_code 16 request_code 51 minor_code 0)
Created attachment 120174 [details]
The exception is due to lack of error handling. The XError is far more puzzling...
We think this should be fixed now