Description of problem:
Every capsule sync causes importers/distributors to get updated making an optimized capsule sync a full sync
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a bunch of (large) yum repos on satellite 6.4 with one or more capsules.
2. Trigger capsule sync tasks and note the time
3. Upgrade Satellite and capsule(s) to 6.5
4. Trigger capsule sync tasks and note the time
6.5 capsule sync took about 4 times more than the 6.4 capsule sync.
capsule sync should be optimal and in line with 6.4 performance.
Note that this happens only on a Satellite/Capsule upgraded from 6.4 to 6.5 and not on the newly installed 6.5 capsules.
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/26907 from this bug
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/26907 has been resolved.
by reproducer described in comment#0:
1) Sync a bunch of large yum repos (rhel7/rhel6 server) on Satellite with one external capsule
2) Trigger capsule sync tasks and note the times
>>> times [ 40min, 19sec, 16sec ... ], after one full sync optimized syncs start to take place
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.