by the following manual reproducer:
1) Have Satellite & Capsule 6.4.3 installed with custom certs
2) Sync a bunch of large yum repos (rhel7/rhel6 server) on Satellite with the external capsule
3) Trigger capsule sync tasks and note the time
# time hammer capsule content synchronize --id 2
>>> times [ ~29min, 16min, 15min ... ] there is performance issue (doing fullsyncs all the time)
4) Upgrade Satellite and Capsule to 6.4.4 candidate
5) Trigger capsule sync tasks and note the time
>>> times [ 29sec, 16sec, 15sec ] the fix resolves the perf issue (doing optimized syncs)
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.