Description of problem:
Default memory size for virtual machine is in Bytes (2147483648) while creating host
Also, the information icon for memory is unresponsive.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite version: 6.6.0 snap 6
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to Hosts and click on create hosts link.
2. Configure host parameters in host tab.
3. Switch to virtual machine tab.
4. Check the default memory size.
5. Click on the information icon for Memory.
6. Provide value in single digit eg. 2 or 4 and create host.
- Host parameters are configured properly. No issues seen.
- Virtual machine tab shows very high value for Memory - 2147483648 (which converts to 2 GB). This value is supposedly in Bytes considering 2GB to be the default value.
- Clicking on information icon is unresponsive. No information is shown to user about the unit of value.
- Single digit value is correctly applied - eg. if 2 is provided then host is provisioned with 2 GB memory.
- Memory size value should be in GB by default.
- Information icon should provide the unit info for memory size.
Created attachment 1580666 [details]
Satellite 6- WebUI screenshot
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27391 from this bug
From description and the image assuming this is a libvirt compute resource.
I was able to reproduce it on libvirt, but it is not happening for vmware, as it has memory in MB.
As firstname.lastname@example.org is not active, can't wait for his info, proceeding with fix for libvirt.
*** Bug 1742547 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Verified with Sat 6.6 snap 20.
Filled "3 GB", "3" and left default "2 GB", all led to correct size of the VM's memory and it got correctly shown in the host's VM tab. Also, information icon works, saying "When specifying custom value, add 'MB' or 'GB' at the end. Field is not case sensitive and MB is default if unspecified." which is correct.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.