1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] print applied filter on task export
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
There are different filters, some are default, some are configured using ENV variables when running task export. But it's not always clear, what type of filter is applied.
1) foreman-rake foreman_tasks:export_tasks TASK_SEARCH=all TASK_DAYS=3 -> 16 tasks
2) foreman-rake foreman_tasks:export_tasks TASK_SEARCH='' TASK_DAYS=3 -> 2822 tasks
3) foreman-rake foreman_tasks:export_tasks TASK_SEARCH=ALL TASK_DAYS=3 -> 16 tasks
4) foreman-rake foreman_tasks:export_tasks TASK_DAYS=3 -> 2835 tasks
5) foreman-rake foreman_tasks:export_tasks -> 7396 tasks
6) foreman-rake foreman_tasks:export_tasks TASK_SEARCH='' -> 32153 tasks
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To avoid confusion and mistakes
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Print the applied filter when running the command. Similar to cleanup-task
foreman-rake foreman_tasks:cleanup NOOP=true VERBOSE=true AFTER=60d TASK_SEARCH=''
[noop] deleting all tasks matching filter started_at < "2019-04-25 09:12:13" AND state = stopped
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
When the command is executed, it should print the applied filter on stdout.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27161 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27161 has been resolved.
Verified on Sat 6.7 snap 7 using examples from the problem description
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.