1. Proposed title of this feature request
"Installable Errata" in report template
2. What is the nature and description of the request?
In the Report Template, there are 2 templates which could generate the errata by "Applicable Errata".
However customer would like to show the hosts' Errata by Installable, and they do not find any parameter/value of ":installable_errata" to use in template.
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Their management and audit team require to review the errata and patching level every month, according to the published content view and environment that client hosts belong to. They have to use this report to ensure and prove that all critical/important errata have been installed.
4. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Using Report Template to generate the "Installable errata" per host report CSV, and using spreadsheet filtering could be easily check which hosts are not in patch level.
Having the parameter ":installable_errata" and also the default installable errata report template could ease to generate and modify the report required.
5. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Customer could use the installable errata report template to generate the correct csv report. The number and shown installable errata should be as same as the client hosts shown under Content Hosts -> (specific hosts) -> Errata tab.
Using the parameter :installable_errata" in the report template could successfully include those errata in the report.
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
7. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
Timeline, better to be before August 2019. The release target is RHEL6, 7 and 8.
8. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
9. List any affected packages or components.
10. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/30664 from this bug