Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 172664
Updated header file with modified author permissions
Last modified: 2015-01-07 19:11:05 EST
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #172661 +++
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #172659 +++
Description of problem:
Legal has worked with the author of the i82593.h file to modify the copyright
statement allowing the file to be GPL'd.
Header should now include the following:
* Revision 1.1 1996/07/17 15:23:12 root
* Initial revision
* Revision 1.4 2005/11/4 09:15:00 baroniunas
* Modified copyright with permission of author as follows:
* âIf I82539.H is the only file with my copyright statement
* that is included in the Source Forge project, then you have
* my approval to change the copyright statement to be a GPL
* license, in the way you proposed on October 10. Please also
* change my e-mail address from email@example.com to
* Revision 1.3 1995/04/05 15:13:58 adj
* Initial alpha release
* Revision 1.2 1994/06/16 23:57:31 klemets
* Mirrored all the fields in the configuration block.
* Revision 1.1 1994/06/02 20:25:34 klemets
* Initial revision
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Also might make sense to drop the "Please also change my e-mail address from
firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com." part of the message above while
making the associated change.
Created attachment 121148 [details]
Created attachment 121149 [details]
It probably helps to actually remove the offensive part of the patch... :-)
The same file exists in RHEL4 and upstream, FWIW...
Removing dependency on bug 172661 (against kernel-pcmcia-cs component).
A fix for this problem has just been committed to the RHEL3 U7
patch pool this evening (in kernel version 2.4.21-37.10.EL).
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.